(Remember, I cook for a LARGE family ~ you may want to cut this down a bit if you don't have enough people to make up a hockey team living under your roof).
1 lb lean ground pork
1 lb lean ground chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
pepper to taste
- Cook meats completely in separate pans, then mix together. Add in onion, garlic and pepper.
- While it's cooking, make the sauce:
1 1/2 cups ketchup
5 tbsp mustard (approximate)
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
5 heaping teaspoon scoops of brown sugar
- When meat is fully cooked and mixed, pour on the sauce. Let simmer for about 10 mins on low heat.
- Pepper to taste (the Worcestershire and mustard add enough of a bite, so salt isn't needed!)
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture on hamburger buns or dinner rolls. Serve with a yummy arugula/baby spinach salad.